I hate Summer. I get sick from the heat if the temperature reaches 23° C., and sunshine burns my skin and hurts my eyes. By this time of the year, I'm desperately eager for Autumn - although I know that it's not likely to get completely cool enough for my comfort until the end of October. (And continuing climate change may change that. I've gone as far as checking to see whether there are any jobs available at McMurdo Base in Antarctica, but there aren't.)
9/5/15 01:10 pm (UTC) - feetnotes - ". . .and she doesn't do CDs"
- i know, i know - "the youf of terday...°
- not only don't they not do no cds, but if you suggest they tape summaught, they think you mean, sello, gaffa, or duck -tape it (back) togevver (agin)!, as if you'd broke it,
- and if you tell them there usedter be black plastic discs with one or two musical tracks on either side etched into 'em,
that you could squish flatways into slots in (some awesome) cars' dashboards, where a tiny adamantine spike-tipped stylus would descend (or rise) onto the disc's surface,
fall into the spiralling etched indentations, and reproduce the music, in your car,
by following the lumps & bumps in the slanting sides of the spirally-etched "grooves". . .
- well, i tell you, they just look at you,
- and then maybe at one another -
- and say, "yes, dear," kindlily enough, but obviously in frank disbelief;
- and look like they'd pay you on the head, if they could, and really think you oughter get back to watching your cds, and listening to your dvds (or whatever it is you do with them), and knitting. . .
9/6/15 10:25 am (UTC) - feetnotes - Re: ". . .and she doesn't do CDs"
dept. of corrections of tablettything's auto-mis-correct-after-you've-left-a-completed-word miscorrections°:
- for "pay" read "pat" -
° - thrid go at tyopping this worm°°: tablettything insisted, twice - in the face of my first re-correction - that what i really meant, or ought to've meant, was "misdirections"
°° - in comment, because lj don't let one correct tablettything's auto-mis-correct-after-you've-left-a-completed-word miscorrections, once a comment containing one (or more) of tablettything's miscorrection's been received a response